[sf-lug] Ubuntu 20.04.1 out "Boothole" patched

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Fri Aug 7 09:17:24 PDT 2020

On 8/6/20 1:17 PM, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
> Hi LUGers that use Ubuntu,
>
>     Just that in the subject line plus all the other flavors of 'buntu.
> Checked at Distrowatch.com a few minutes ago and noted this
> update to the Long Term Support Release.  I will gladly download
> a couple of the flavors as well as the Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS.
> If you want something let me know and I will get a less popular
> flavor.
>
>     Bobbie Sellers

"Boothole" vulnerability has been patched/

Unfortunately, there’s no kernel or graphics stacks bump in the Ubuntu
20.04.1 LTS (Focal Fossa)
point release since there’s no new Ubuntu release available. Therefore,
it ships with the same
  Linux 5.4 kernel and Mesa 20.0 graphics stack series that were also
present in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.B
<https://9to5linux.com/boothole-and-seven-other-vulnerabilities-patched-in-grub2-update-your-distros-now>

     Bobbie Sellers