[sf-lug] What about the July 5th Meeting? plus some plans

John Strazzarino jstrazza at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 2 14:31:53 PDT 2020

Bobbie,

I believe the gentleman who set up the past two meetings (Gary) will host another one on July 5th.  He has an account which allows meetings longer than 40 minutes.  I hope that you will be able to ‘attend’ this meeting, by voice if not video.

As for me (if anyone cares), I’ve been putting computers together for a friend here in San Bruno who works with disadvantaged kids/young adults who don’t have access to computers.  I currently have five Dell Optiplex 760/780 machines running windows 10 (sorry) with word excel anti-virus and access to the internet.  I also have accumulated six or so Dell Latitude E6430 laptops for use by this same person.  I’ve gotten the laptops inexpensively and added hard drives, etc as needed, again running windows/10.

As for Linux, I’ve taken a trial subscription to Linux Pro Magazine and have so far gotten them US mailed to me.  I still don’t understand 90% of what they’re talking about, but I may eventually learn something.  I also haven’t had a chance to play with distros that I’ve found on the internet, but may work on that soon.

As for personal, I had a zoom 65th birthday party last Saturday.  Unfortunately, nearly everybody was new to zoom so they did a lot of talking over each other

So, that is life around my place.

See you/talk to all of you on the 5th.

John

Sent from my iPad