[sf-lug] "Meeting" Sunday?

alexkleider alexkleider at protonmail.com
Tue Jun 2 09:58:01 PDT 2020

Is it still the plan to hold a meeting Sunday? The last meeting was generously hosted by Glen Jarvis using Zoom. At that meeting Jitsi was discussed.
See below the recent announcement made by the Free Software Foundation. I'd be surprised if there aren't some Associate Members among the LUG membership.
I am one and would be happy to try setting it up but think there'd be a higher chance of success if it were done by someone with more tech savvy.

FSF gives freedom-respecting videoconferencing to all associate members

From May 28th

The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is now offering all FSF associate members free "as in freedom" videoconferencing via an exclusive FSF Jitsi Meet instance as an additional [associate member benefit](https://www.fsf.org/associate/benefits). In order to be able to provide a sustainable and reliable service, we are offering the ability to create conversations on the server exclusively to [associate members](https://my.fsf.org/join). Members can create a channel using their member credentials, but then any person or group can participate in the conversation. Nonmembers can be invited, but cannot start a channel.