[sf-lug] REQUEST FOR HELP: Fwd: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

jim jim at well.com
Tue Apr 28 19:51:19 PDT 2020

With respect to my reputation, here's my recollection of my involvement:

2005 used Craig's List to advertise starting up sf-lug.
sat in Javacat cafe, often by myself, to host meetings.
used evolution email to maintain early group communication.
created and hosted sf-lug web site on machines in my bedroom.
paid for domain name registration.
paid artist to implement John Lowry's visual logo idea.

sometime early Rick Moen offered mailman support for sf-lug.
I have no recollection of sf-lug using any other mailman server. <----

occasionally found speakers for SF-LUG meetings.

invited others to help with various types of administration (technical and
otherwise as a matter of learning opportunities).

drove to people's houses to deliver free (used) Linux machines.
drove to people's houses to help configure linux on their machines.

attended and hosted sf-lug meetings at Noisebridge.

negotiated with local colo to provide free hosting for sf-lug web site
machines.
bought two machines for sf-lug hosting at colo (successively used over
five or so years).

restored sf-lug and conspire email records after loss due to hardware
failure.

NEVER tasked anyone to do anything, always requested help.

attended almost all sf-lug meetings since 2005.