[sf-lug] REQUEST FOR HELP: Fwd: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Apr 28 19:39:46 PDT 2020

Quoting Jim Stockford (jim at well.com):

> sf-lug has had only one mailman list server,
> yours. Prior to your offer, we used email
> with lots of CCs.

This seems to directly contradict what you said at the time (2005),
which I happen to have right in front of me:

Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:49:08 -0800
From: Jim Stockford <jim.stockford at gmail.com>
To: jim at well.com
Subject: how to contact sf-lug members (temporary)

until we fix the mailman system for sf-lug, if
you want to send a message to sf-lug members,
send your message to
jim at well.com
with a note to forward it to the group. I'll use
blind carbon copy (bcc) to pass your message
to the rest of the group.

reminder--no meeting Sunday January 1.
next meeting at javacat Monday January 16
from 6:00 PM till 8:00 PM or so.

note--you can always call a meeting at any
place and time of your choice. consider it if
you have problems you want to solve. it's
cheaper than hiring a consultant and those of
us who show up get to learn stuff too.

jim

Note wording:  'until we fix the mailman system for sf-lug'.
It was in response to that that I offered temporary hosting
on my own Mailman setup until SF-LUG could get on its feet again.

You seemed really downcast, at the time, and talked about having lost
SF-LUG's mailing list _and_ the existing Web site to some mysterious mishap
that you didn't seem to want to talk about.

And, the bizarre thing is, I've politely asked numerous times:  What the
heck actually happened?  This is the first time you've given my anything
besides zero answer of any kind.