[sf-lug] problem with the longer messages resolved ... do they not reach the main list they do not reach the test list ...

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sat Apr 25 17:27:30 PDT 2020

I inadvertantly sent this to Rick instead of the list and am correcting

the address.

On 4/25/20 12:08 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> I forgot to add:
>
>> (Each GNU Mailman mailing list site also has a per-mailing-list maximum
>> size limit applied to attempted postings, configurable by the listadmin.
>> The built-in Mailman default max. posting size is 40 kB.)
> _And_, if someone attempt to send an overlarge posting to such a mailing
> list, Mailman diverts it to the held-messages queue for listadmin action
> to accept or reject or discard. So, Jim Stockford and I, as listadmins
> for mailing list sf-lug at linuxmafia.com, would get notification. I can
> thus say of a certainty that nothing you've sent has landed in
> sf-lug at linuxmafia.com's admin queue on account of being oversized.
>
> But I note that the postings you say are getting lost are substantially
> smaller, anyway.

         Yes they were.  The final change was taking out the live url
for Distrowatch.com.

That was rev. 1

         Now I use live URLs all the time on my Team Amiga postings and
they go right on through.

         I use live URLs in my postings to several Usenet news groups
and they go through.

     I have used live URLs in my meeting notes and in my meeting notices
and they went through

so i don't know what is going on but I have another data point there for
the DSLExtreme Tech support

when they finally get back to me.

     I now have some modification to my Dell 6520 to make before the

now looks to be in June as SF's Mayor plans on a 15 days to a month of
continued Shelter In Place.

     Between part 1 and part 2 I took a few bus rides and the riders are
a mixed group with some

obviously aware and others pulling down their masks when they get on the
bus and others without

even a bandit style mask.   If I could walk as far as I could about 20
years ago I could forgo the

bus rides but these days I have to use them.

        Stay at Home, Wash your hands, Do Not touch your face, Wear a
       mask, even a bandit-style bandana.

     Bobbie Sellers  -    I had one grunch but the eggplant over
there.(1960s Mad Magazine by-word.)