[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes

aaronco36 aaronco36 at SDF.ORG
Tue Jan 7 12:25:05 PST 2020

(Forwarded message from Ken Shaffer <kenshaffer80 at gmail.com>)

At the meeting, Jim and I had problems getting Antix 19 (x64) installer to
run on an Intel Compute Stick (ICS). It would run for a bit then hang up.
The clue was when booting Antix 19 off a micro SD, the "free" command
indicated that swap size was 0. Finishing the install at home, I just
plugged in a USB with a 2G swap partition, and the installer ran just
fine. But wait, now there were two swap partitions, there was one on the
ICS internal memory that wasn't picked up before! The ICS' swap UUID was
the one used in a previous install on the ICS' /etc/fstab for swap, so no
idea why it wasn't seen. A reboot of the install without the USB swap now
picked up the ICS swap, and so I ran the install (in about 10-15 minutes).
No idea how a USB swap fixed the problem with the swap partiion on the
ICS, but things run just fine now.
Ken