[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes

aaronco36 aaronco36 at SDF.ORG
Mon Jan 6 11:54:14 PST 2020

Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com> wrote in [1]
> Aaron showed up with his 32 bit Dell laptop.
..
> AntiX-19.1 is also a quick booter and i even
> managed to get the WiFi working.  Maybe some
> background changes but it is fast and light.

That "32 bit Dell laptop" is a Latitude D620 with 4GB of RAM of which
~3.4GB is usable. It also has AntiX-19.1 installed (32 bit Full version),
and is currently the host OS for the *non*-systemd version 9.0 of Linux

Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com> also wrote in [1]
> At one point a friend of Aaron's visited us and had questions
> about the use of certain network matters and Jim answered his
> questions thoroughly.

IIRC, David G instead had several questions relating to a startup
partnership he is initiating.
Jim S is entirely welcome to correct this if I'm badly mistaken, but David
G's conceived product is apparently (from what I could glean from him and
Jim) a JSON[3]<--->databases app primarily designed for various MS
Windows-related (e.g., MS Excel) API's.
As such, the app doesn't seem to extensively involve Free/Open Source
Software at the current time.

During his brief discussion with David G, Jim did bring up
Representational State Transfer (REST) [4][5], which was a new and
interesting concept for me :-)

-A