[sf-lug] Got domains? (sf-lug.{net, com} ...?) ... DNS slaves ...

Al Whaley awsflug at sunnyside.com
Tue Sep 10 10:54:09 PDT 2019

Mike,
I like option 1.  I'm happy to second.  I have set up the sf*lug.*
domains to all draw characteristics from the same profile, so I can
change the DNS servers  in the profile instead of the domains and right
now they all switch to that profile immediately.
So for all the domains I have registered the name server list at .com is:
ns.primate.net
ns1.linuxmafia.com
NS1.SVLUG.ORG
NS1.SF-LUG.ORG

I agree about multiple access to the registration data.  It might take
making a different Godaddy account, since Godaddy has removed their
functionality to allow other (free or not) accounts to have access to
certain domains.  Godaddy doesn't allow multiple contacts in the
registration data that I know of, but perhaps some other registrar is
more appropriate.

I have an auto-renewal script that's pretty good for letsencrypt -
install and forget.  You're welcome to it.  Works for the whole set for
https:, email, etc.

I also like stability.
Al