[sf-lug] Topic change from out of date books - eBooks...

aaronco36 aaronco36 at SDF.ORG
Thu Apr 25 11:27:05 PDT 2019

Alex Kleider <akleider at sonic.net> wrote at [1]

> "Assembling California" was one of my favourite John McPhee books.
> In the opening paragraph he takes a trip to Pacifica to have a look
> where the San Andreas Fault heads out to sea.  It then 'hits' land
> again at Bolinas Bay and follows Hwy 1 ("Star Route) all the way
> to Tomales Bay and out to sea again.
> There's an interesting phenomenon in that (Olema) valley: two
> streams running parallel to each other, one flowing North and the
> other flowing South.
>
> Pardon the ramble.

Am afraid that my prior posting at [2] was the cause of this "ramble" in
the first place :-\

That posting was first composed using a GUI text-editor, and the topic on
my mind when I copied-and-pasted from another mailing-list's posting at
[3] to the GUI text-editor was Good Reads Online.
I see that Rick M's John McPhee recommendation from [3] got tacked onto
the end of the prior posting when I unintentionally (but perhaps
subconsciously?) copied the _entire_ contents of that text-editor window
into the email client's content window and then sent off the message.

Hopefully this topic change is not _too_ offbase.

Many of the online eBook/PDF IT titles at [4] still seem like worthwhile
reads though, IMHO.

-A