[sf-lug] SF-LUG Mailing list - late AM Tue 10/23/18

aaronco36 aaronco36 at SDF.ORG
Tue Oct 23 12:45:33 PDT 2018

Hey there,

Haven't run further diagnostic tests on this myself (yet!), however the
SF-LUG mailing list http://linuxmafia.com/mailman/listinfo/sf-lug seems to
be offline as of late this morning and so far this early afternoon.
All I did was enter this exact complete mailman URL in my FF web-browser,
and the page eventually times-out with this message:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ quoting ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The connection has timed out

The server at linuxmafia.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a
few moments.
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computers network
connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make
sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Probably doesn't help all that much, but a simple 'traceroute
www.linuxmafia.com' reaches whatever firewall or other security measures
that may be at rawbw.net (198.144.192.34).
No, am *not* myself going to run diagnostics using DIG and/or Netmap on
this!
-A

aaronco36 at sdf.org