[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes for Monday 15 October 2018

aaronco36 aaronco36 at SDF.ORG
Wed Oct 17 08:52:12 PDT 2018

Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com> wrote:

> I arrived at the Cafe Enchante about 5:40 PM and
> Aaron C. was there already.
> Aaron was trying to setup his net book to connect
> via Ethernet to his 3 Rasberry Pi 3 devices.
> He continue through half the meeting to attempt this feat.

Yes, got to Cafe Enchante ~5:30p and set up the RPi3's together with the
netbook.
Wanted to run the RPi3s' Raspbian OS headless through ethernet (using an
attached 5-port switch) to the netbook via SSH.
Netbook runs a 32bit Debian variant.

Haven't yet been successsful and am trying to eventually figure this out
on my own ("Give a man a fish..." etc.[1]).
Probably could use static IP addresses manually set onto the device(s).
And not yet ready to "share" what I've done so far for the benefit of
others ;-)
-A

[1] https://www.knowyourphrase.com/give-a-man-a-fish

Vaguely relating to the fact that the singular
and plural forms of "fish" are one and the same..
-- someone's fwd'd signature --

"The correct plural forms are as follows:
surgeons general, brothers-in-law, Spiders-Man."

*Some* would prefer the last part of that to
be "Spider-MEN"! Don't be a frigging dork whe

aaronco36 at sdf.org
SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.org