[sf-lug] [Cool little check]

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 00:14:06 PDT 2018

Saw this done by a Devuan [Systemd free Debian distro] user...
A lot of you probably know how to do this already but for those that
dont:
[Copied directly from them I left as they wrote it]

To avoid pinging: go to:

# nano  /etc/ufw/before.rules
And leave this section looking like this:

# ok icmp codes
-A ufw-before-input -p icmp --icmp-type destination-unreachable -j DROP
-A ufw-before-input -p icmp --icmp-type source-quench -j DROP
-A ufw-before-input -p icmp --icmp-type time-exceeded -j DROP
-A ufw-before-input -p icmp --icmp-type parameter-problem -j DROP
-A ufw-before-input -p icmp --icmp-type echo-request -j DROP
Next, go to www.grc.com and click on ShieldsUp, next screen scroll down to
Hot
Spots, and click on ShieldsUp again, next screen click on Proceed, next
screen
click on All Service Ports and let it check the ports, gives an ok result,
the
ports are neon green, and gives you this veredict:

I didn't paste the verdict but  it should say your system has achieved a
perfect "TruStealth" rating

'maestro'

message ends.

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*