[sf-lug] Xsane can't see an HP Laserjet 1536dnf MFP scanner / printer

John Lau johnlau0 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 09:23:52 PDT 2018

Based on my (limited) experience with HP, I've found the HPLIP/CUPS
support fine, did not have to install anything outside debian main (so
FOSS-only).

When an HP driver for a specific model requires a proprietary plugin,
sometimes a driver for a similar model works as an alternative.

It's not perfect. Are there printer vendors that do better?