[sf-lug] Xsane can't see an HP Laserjet 1536dnf MFP scanner / printer

Alex Kleider akleider at sonic.net
Tue Jul 31 06:54:12 PDT 2018

On 2018-07-31 00:13, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at gmail.com):
>
> [...]
>
>> It turns out that the problem was a proprietary driver.

Why do we never see "Easily usable on a Linux system" on any consumer
product such as a printer?  Is it simply because there aren't enough of
us?

Is there a printer company that does routinely provide open source
drivers for CUPS/linux?

(I've certainly had my frustrations with Canon and with Xerox printers-
trying to get what I needed downloaded and then installed to work
properly.)