[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes for Monday 16 July 2018

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Tue Jul 17 21:23:03 PDT 2018

Hi LUGers,

     Well this is not the smallest meeting ever but it
got close.

     I went in early to help Mikki with a problem and arriving
at 4:35pm I was very happy to see her waiting.
     I assisted her for a considerable part of the meeting but
finally we had to give up as the attempts to log on to
DSLExtreme.com failed so we sent them a message.
     She with a long trip home left about 7:00 P.M.

   5:30 pm  John S. also came in and he tried out a few of the recent
distribution.  the NST(Network Security Toolkit (NST 28))
which I had installed on a Flash Drive interested him greatly
but the stuff I offered him on DVD were a bit slow booting for
his taste.  He left about 6:30 pm

     I stuck around until 7:30 PM then caught a #38 home.

     A  non-meeting related note.  I downloaded the latest
Scientific Linux 6.10 which ran to 5.9 GB.  I installed it
to a Flash Drive and the installation script could not find
the USB port.  So then I copied it to a Double Layer DVD
and let it check itself which failed.  I hope I will manage
to download before the next meeting a more usable
form of this distribution.

     Anyone attending the meeting is free to correct my omissions or
incomprehension of the activities and asked to do so asap so that the
membership not in attendance will not be mis-informed any longer
than necessary.

     Next Meeting will be on Sunday August 5. 2018.
     You should see my regular notice about July 30th.

     Bobbie Sellers