[sf-lug] Malware hidden in Linux packages First Gentoo more lately Arch.

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Wed Jul 11 19:27:06 PDT 2018

On 07/11/2018 06:05 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):
>
>>      Well this is a clever if nasty hack.
>>
>> <https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/07/11/another-linux-distro-poisoned-with-malware/>
> Never, ever, ever believe self-promotion articles from anti-virus /
> security companies without careful cross-checking.

     Which is precisely why I posted here.
     I have replied, mentioning the source, to the originator of the
message I saw,
  mentioning both the faq and the articles admission that the malware
was broken
so that it could not enact its filthy mission.

     [Snip of the rest of your clearly stated article]

     Thanks

     Bobbie