[sf-lug] BALUG Tue 2018-06-19, E K-J on DC/OS,... etc

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jun 15 16:06:40 PDT 2018

Quoting aaronco36 (aaronco36 at SDF.ORG):

> We can all see that Michael P appropriately cross-posted the BALUG
> meeting 2018-06-19 announcement to the SF-LUG mailing-list here
> [01].
[...]
> Throwing out redundancy once more on the O.P., We can all see that
> Michael P appropriately cross-posted the BALUG meeting 2018-06-19
> announcement to the SF-LUG mailing-list here [01].

Forgive me if the distinction seems pedantic, but Michael didn't
cross-post; he multiposted.  Crossposting means sending a single post
with multiple recipients in the To and Cc fields, which appeals to
senders because it's less work than the alternatives.  Unfortunately,
crossposts across multiple mailing lists cause problems for the
listadmins, and so I'm grateful that Michael didn't do that.

Multiposting means sending the same text separately to multiple places,
such as once to each of a series of mailing lists.  Where mailing lists
are involved, and it's desirable to send the same thing to a bunch of
them, good netiquette dictates the multiposting method.