[sf-lug] How I learned that my modem/WiFi router had been corrupted

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Thu Apr 19 21:04:45 PDT 2018

     This is at the request of Rick Moen who asked for this.
     I was browsing some web pages I go to on a regular basis.
     Suddenly the browsing slowed down and I was told that the
pages were not available     After insisting that they were,
several times, what showed up was a graphic screen
showing a symbolic representation of my computer on the left
with arrows connecting to what should have the DSLextreme Server
in San Jose to the host server I had been accessing where the DSLextrene
  server should have been was a graphic proclaiming Cloudflare.
     I immediately went to my better browser and attempted to access the
router/WiFi and at first could not get in, my password was rejected.
     I then did a reset on the device,
     After I did the reset I was presented with a corrupted screen that
offered two
choices for configuration.  When I clicked on either I was kicked out of the
page.
     I switched off the router and tried again with it turned on.
     Same negative results and I could get to no site.
     So I gave up trying to get this Netgear DG834G v3 to work.
     I called Jim and gave him the news.

     Bobbie