[sf-lug] SF-LUG & IPv6: Re: IPv6 ... all those addresses! ... Mmmmmm... yummy! (+ free t-shirt!)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sat Dec 16 12:40:45 PST 2017

So ... most things SF-LUG, notwithstanding list (Thanks Rick!)
and DNS nameserver related record bits (future),
and possibly some DNS TTL bits (up to 4 hours for older cached
data to expire),
have mostly had SF-LUG's IPv6 moved to address "just" for
SF-LUG stuff:
$ dig +short www.sf-lug.org. AAAA
2001:470:1f05:19e::3
$ dig +short -x 2001:470:1f05:19e::3
sf-lug.org.
$
Well ... those non-list SF-LUG things, are hosted on
virtual machine which is primarily BALUG, so IPv6
connections originated from that virtual machine will
still have a different IPv6 source address (notably that
of BALUG's), but mostly, other than that, SF-LUG has it's
"own" IPv6 address.  The sf-lug.org domain is canonical,
and for web, it's www.sf-lug.org, but the IPv6 changes
likewise apply to the non-canonical domain sf-lug.com.