[sf-lug] Thanks to 'artoo' RE: Manjaro Openrc to Artix

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 18:47:09 PDT 2017

Quoting aaron:

>>Well, a highly relevant and fairly-recent announcement on that...
According to at least
 and https://itsfoss.com/manjaro-drops-32-bit-support/,
>>one of your (maestro's) favorite distros is actually _discontinuing_ its
support for 32bit CPUs. While that may not affect you at all, there are
numerous persons such as myself who >>are keeping our x86 32bit machines
around, and find neither Manjaro's nor Artix's 64bit-only versions such
"kewl" >>developments after all :-/

Yes, that is correct.
Another option still existing AFAIK is VOID LINUX which I 'believe' you are
familiar with
and 'may' have actually already played with.
Here are their sys. req.'s for i686 I have pasted directly from the VOID
site:

The i686 images have these requirements:

   - Pentium 4 CPU (SSE2), 96MB RAM, 350MB disk, Ethernet / WiFi for
   network installation.

Log in as anon/root, password voidlinux.

To start the installer just execute the *void-installer* utility with
enough permissions (i.e *sudo*).

Additional live images with *flavours* (an additional Desktop Environment
with autologin) are also available:

   - Enlightenment
   - Cinnamon
   - LXDE
   - MATE
   - XFCE

These images need at least 256 or 512 MB of RAM in order to work correctly.

And I have included for posterity this 'Without Systemd' wiki which you
(and others of course) may find interesting to peruse...

<
http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page#Unix-like_and_derivatives

message ends.

--

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*