[sf-lug] NEED INFO ABOUT BOOT SPACE LIMITS

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 31 03:55:48 PDT 2017

Yep, attachments, for the most part, and especially large(r) ones,
generally not good on mailing lists, and generally mostly not
wanted there.  Bit 'o list infrastructure I'm setting up for
BALUG lists, rejects most attachments, and also limits the size
of those that it will accept (I did review those settings a
while ago ... I should probably take at least a second look).

And for that boot space ... yeah, not sector.
in addition to output of:
df -h
boot filesystem is likely/generally mounted on /boot,
or if not separate filesystem, would have the boot filesystem
contents there, so, presuming that's the case, output of these commands
would be generally quite useful/informative:
df -h /boot
du -x /boot | sort -bnr
find /boot -xdev -type f -exec stat -c '%s %n' \{\} \; | sort -bnr