[sf-lug] NEED INFO ABOUT BOOT SPACE LIMITS

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 31 10:18:45 PDT 2017

> And for that boot space ... yeah, not sector.
> in addition to output of:
> df -h
> boot filesystem is likely/generally mounted on /boot,...

All we know for certain is this something GNOME refers to as 'The volume
"boot"', and strictly speaking, we don't know what's in GNOME's tiny
little brain.  I'd guess it's picking up a volume label, and it would be
perverse to assign such a label to a filesystem used for anything other
than mounting at /boot, but doing otherwise is within the range of
possibility, which is why 'df -h' output would be orders of magnitude
more useful.

But yeah, I'm guessing that it probably is the /boot filesystem and that Mikki
simply has a bunch of stuff in there that shouldn't be there at all.
Similar story:  https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2225971