[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes Monday 15 May, 2017

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 11:47:01 PDT 2017

a good site i have used for KALI is here:

<https://www.blackmoreops.com/>

additionally,
KALI  is not for new (new'ish) linux users.
though it IS kewl how many 'tools' it has (concentration on pen testing),
[PARROT still has more i 'think']
it will not hold a user's hand and expects a firm knowledge of command
line,
file system hierarchy, script reading/writing, and constant live distro
running [also with persistent storage when warranted]

that said, for those that take the 'jump in the pool' approach to learning
it is FUN ;-))>

and will teach one A LOT about a little...

of course, this is only one user's take on it.

[sidenote]
it IS something i recommend carrying with you in your 'toolbox' since even
if one is new to it...
others they may get help from will be very happy they have it...

message ends.

--

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*