[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes Monday 15 May, 2017

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Tue May 16 10:04:21 PDT 2017

Hi LUGers,

     Well it was a very small, barely a meeting, meeting,
     I got to the Cafe Enchante about 5:40 PM.
     Began to setup my stuff at a table on the cnetral aisle but the
the Cafe was full of students doing homework, copying notes or
being tutored by a older student.
     5:55 Tom Turner came in and tried to sit at the larger table but
finally moved to a table by the Geary Street window.
     I had brought a copy of Kali 17.0 for him and he proceeded to try
it out.  He was having trouble getting online with Kali.

     He is also contemplating coverting a notebook with MBR partioning
to work with Global Unique ID Partition Table and I promised and did
send him my article about this conversion which I did a while back on
the Dell E6420 Latitude.

     I on the other hand tried to install, Debian 8.8.0 to the Dell without
much success.  I tried twice and then having failed to reach a DE
I gave up.  I think it may require another large DVD download to
do this install properly as the media was labeled DVD1.
     After I checked the functioning of the Dell by rebooting to
PCLinuxOS64 I watched my anime until about 7:45 PM.

     Tom was using WiFi through the other OS on his machine.
     7:45 I started packing up my rolling case.
     7:55 PM I left and caught a bus back to my neighborhood.

     If Tom wants to tell us more about the problems with Kali
I would welcome it.

     Now the next meeting will be on Sunday June 4th from 11:00 AM-1:00 PM.

     I will have copies by that time of Debian Live in amd64 and i386 with
KDE and lxde or maybe xfce for the i386.  This will be version 8.8.0

     If anyone wants something other than what I have mentioned be sure
to contact me via the list ASAP.

     Enjoy Memorial Day!

     Bobbie Sellers