[sf-lug] tablet made from cardboard with vodeo ad

Ken Shaffer kenshaffer80 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 13:25:37 PDT 2017

Hi all,
Well, it finally happened, I got a cardboard tablet in the mail which
played a mp4 video ad.  I can see this as the future of tailored
advertising (for big dollar spending in elections).
  It has a 4.5" color screen, volume, pause, play, and power buttons,
as well as starting automatically when the  cover is opened.  What's
really interesting is the micro USB port on it!
Plugged it into my laptop, and I could see the filesystem with the two
videos.  Had some spare space even with the 156M mp4.  Well, I
replaced the videos with Blender's "Big Buck Bunny" mp4 and it played
just fine.  Some other mp4s I tried did not work, but then they didn't
even look good checking the file characteristics in nautilus, even
though they did play in vlc.
  Best Buy is recycling them as e-waste, so perhaps you can snag a few
from them.
Ken