[sf-lug] (forw) Re: distro for an ageing laptop

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Mar 26 20:27:53 PDT 2017

----- Forwarded message from mandog <kelvinat at gmail.com> -----

Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 08:08:10 -0500
From: mandog <kelvinat at gmail.com>
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: Re: [sf-lug] distro for an ageing laptop

If you really want to use that old thinkpad you need it lightweight
JWM wm fits the bill very nicely hard to initially set up the 1st time
look on the architect g+ page I have a couple of screen-shots  on
their runs very well with Obarun arch systemd Free and on regular
arch, On use the Manjaro version not a light on resources unless pamac
update notifier  is disabled but Is fully functional.