[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Sunday 5 February 2017

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Jan 30 09:42:22 PST 2017

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
last year of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     Well I found some standards and some interesting stuff.
Linux Mint 18.1 is out in 64 and 32 bit versions with DE of xfce
and KDE, I have downloaded 64 abd 32 bit versions with
KDE and a 32 bit version with xfce.  Mate version was already
downloaded some time back.

     Lubuntu 17.04 aka Zesty Zapus and the rest of Ubuntu is
now out in Alpha 2 versions.

     Scientific Linux is out as well in 64 bit versions and I downloaded
the KDE live version if anyone is interested.  There is a double-sided
version of the ISO file and if anyone want this leviathan I will
download it and provide on a returnable SD card.

     Finally Quirky 8.1.6 x86-64 which is that Puppy derivative
and BitKey 14.1.0 which is aimed at miners with all sorts of
tools to keep track of your Bitcoin.  Check at the URL below
for more information on this tool.
<https://bitkey.io/>

     So I hope to see some of the LUG on February 5.
     I hope you guys are watching <http://distrowatch.com/>
and reading the Weekly news there.  Good article on the
attempt to replace Android with Ubuntu Touch on a phone.

    Bobbie Sellers aka bliss "running fast and light" on PCLinuxOS-2016.03
GNU-Linux 4 .9.6-pclos1 x86_64