[sf-lug] A command short enough to be tweeted can bring down systemd

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Oct 8 14:06:24 PDT 2016

Quoting mandog (kelvinat at gmail.com):

> All systems are hackable 13 year old kids do it all the time....

I'm perfectly OK with your giving up completely on seeking system
reliability and security.  Some of us have not.

> so what is the point of your post except  for stirring shit.

The point of my post is to benefit the Linux community, which is the
same reason I make this entire mailing list possible on my server.

> Sorry but I say it as it is nothing personal.

If I had a nickel for every time some net.random made a lazy-ass attempt
at personal slur and then immediately followed up with 'nothing
personal' -- usually carefully from behind cover of nameless
pseudonymity -- I'd have a heck of a pile of nickels.

--
May those that love us love us; and those that don't love us, may
God turn their hearts; and if he doesn't turn their hearts, may