[sf-lug] An unpleasant experience

Sujit K M kmsujit at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 03:00:18 PDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 2:01 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Quoting voyager640 at gmail.com (voyager640 at gmail.com):
>
>> Ublock origin has an optional blocking list that blocks adblock nag
>> notices... So you don't have to put up with the sites that try to
>> guilt you into switching off adblock.
>
> Since she didn't sign it, I'll mention that that was the estimable
> Akkana Peck speaking!
>
> I recommend spending a few hours wandering around Akkana's Web site and
> blog, as you'll be smarter for it, and encounter the joy of learning
> about things you never before knew existed.
>
> http://www.shallowsky.com/
> http://www.shallowsky.com/blog/

How about disallow popups. Doesn't that help. Also I find it much more useful as
It doen't genericall change from browser to browser. Another thing
around the same
line is DoNotTrack Features in Browsers like I.E and Firefox. Though I am not an
guru on the same, below what I read while searching via google.

http://www.geek.com/apps/mozilla-just-built-an-ad-blocker-into-firefox-1631245/