[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets this Sunday June 5, 2016 plus a little extra.

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon May 30 22:52:06 PDT 2016

Hi LUGers,
	Sorry about the earlier improperly titled post,
Thanks to Rick Moen's advice on the matter I have decided
to re-post with a little extra data and the correct title.

    SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

      These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

      So I had a little problem last week but have most of the
stuff I lost from the library of ISO files back.
      I have the latest versions of gparted-live-0.26.0-2 for
i686,i686PAE, and AMD64.
      Downloaded and began to work with Gentoo's latest,
livedvd-amd64-multilib-20160514 which boots to KDE's Plasma 5
but where you have to start by creating a password for root.
      Despite KDE's leading role it requires GParted and/or
   KDE's Partition manager for some tasks.  I am trying to put it
on one of the E6420s for the meeting.
      I  also have PCLinuxOS64's latest which is
pclinuxos64-mate-2016.0515.iso.

	Got nowhere with Gentoo today as other peoples
plans interfered.  Did gather some unpleasant facts about
the hardware.

	Did get latest version of Super Grub2-disk 2.02s3.
This will boot nearly any system.  It is 13+ Megabytes in length.
It solved my problem last week by letting me boot up and install
Grub2 which for some sad reason was not included in this
distribution.

	Got the latest for LinHES, 8.4.1. which stands for Linux Home
Entertainment System, the successor to the KnoppixMyth distribution.

	Got the latest version of ReactOS 0.4.1
ReactOS is an open-source operating system for x86/x64 PCs intended to
be binary-compatible with computer programs and device drivers made for
Windows Server 2003.   They may have a very good reason to do this.

So anyone who wants to get a disk of any or all of these let me know
well in advance. If you are interested in any other distribution let me
know and I will try to have a copy for you at the meeting.

	Bobbie Sellers