[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Sunday May 1, 2016 (Zenial Xerus on MAY Day)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 2 15:25:56 PDT 2016

One week ago, just before my weekly Norwegian language class, I wrote:

> As this is an international-minded crowd, here is an old Norwegian
> recipe I recently ran across, apparently originated by a visiting Swede
> named Harry Nilsson:
>
> Ingredienser:
> en kokosnøtt
> en lime
>
> Veibeskrivelse:
> Bror kjøpte en kokosnøtt, han kjøpte den for en krone.
> Hans søster hadde en annen, hun betalte det for en lime.
> Hun satte lime i kokos, hun drakk dem begge opp.
> Hun satte lime i kokos, hun drakk dem begge opp.
> Hun satte lime i kokos, hun drakk dem begge opp.

[...]

Just checking:  Did anyone / everyone / some get the joke?  I was hoping
that 'Harry Nilsson' reference was a dead giveaway.

For those who _did_ get it:  You're welcome for the earworm.  ;->
Believe me, you _can_ sing that song in Norwegian, though the effect is
really weird (and meter's not quite right).

Given that it was May Day, I probably should have gone for the
Internationale, but this song seemed funnier.