[sf-lug] [JOB POSTING] Consultant (Linux, Networking, OpenStack...), San Francisco, $90K+ start

jim jim at well.com
Fri Mar 18 09:31:09 PDT 2016

Consultant (Linux, Networking, OpenStack...), San Francisco, $90K+ start

Cumulus Networks is looking to fill a couple requisitions to
join our consultant team in San Francisco.  We currently have
six consultants and we are a close-knit group that is leading
the industry in Open Networking. Check out the ‘Consultant’
job on the careers page here:
https://cumulusnetworks.com/careers/

Consultants provide technical guidance to customers and
partners to accelerate adoption of next generation networking
solutions. We are rapidly disrupting the networking industry,
changing the way companies design, deploy, and manage their
networks. We are looking for passionate, entrepreneurial, and
technically savvy field consultants. You are a creative problem
solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo, an expert
in networking and/or Linux, and have the desire to push
automation.

Responsibilities:

*   Provide technical guidance and consultation to customers
     and partners
*   Analyze and diagnose complex network designs and problems
*   Develop automated network provisioning using deployment
     tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
*   Build simulated networks in test labs to resolve problems
     and compatibility issues
*   Provide ad hoc systems and product training
*   Develop customer deliverables, knowledge base articles,
     documentation examples, and reusable intellectual property (IP)
*   Provide remote and/or onsite consulting services delivery
     and deployment support
*   Drive customer discussions through white board or remote
     sessions to identify requirements and issues, and address gaps
*   Write and communicate customer delivery summaries and
     action items
*   Identify and develop innovate solutions to accelerate customer
     adoption
*   Accurately estimate delivery activities, and manage
     expectations accordingly
*   Work in conjunction with Technical Support and Engineering to
     resolve technical issues

Requirements:

*   At least 3 years in a technical customer-facing role
*   Expert knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
     Layer2 (RSTP/MSTP, VLANs, etc.), Layer3 (IP Routing, OSPF,
     BGP, etc.), and networking management
*   Expertise in at least one of the following areas: Linux,
     DevOps, virtualization, data center design, VXLAN, OpenStack
*   Excellent network design skills, with strong knowledge of
     networking fundamentals
*   Excellent customer-facing skills with a focus on customer
     service
*   Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and
     listening skills
*   Self-motivated, team player, and diplomatic
*   Ability to travel 25%
*   Networking and/or Linux certification a plus
*   B.S. in a technical major (e.g. CS, EE, ME)