[sf-lug] 'buntu ... problems that may relate to the media ... 14.10 LTS server ...

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sun Feb 7 17:55:33 PST 2016

'buntu does offer the files to be able to validate if one has good
copy of the download, or not.  'buntu doesn't offer jigdo downloads
for most of
their flavors (or spins or whatever they call 'em), but they do offer jigdo
downloads for Ubuntu server, and they also offer zsync.  So, if one
has a copy that's
not quite 100% correct, or slightly older version of otherwise same,
jigdo or zsync
can be a much faster and more efficient way to get caught up to the desired
target image - as opposed to downloading all the bits from scratch.
14.10?  Not sure why one would presently want that.  It's not LTS,
nor is it the most current non-LTS.

references/excerpts:
http://releases.ubuntu.com/14.04.3/
zsync(1)