[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Monday January 18, 2016

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Jan 11 09:00:20 PST 2016

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
and every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 9 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     I will be trying to get the latest Linux Pro magazine and will
post a followup note if I manage to get it.

     I have read various articles online pushing the latest release of
Deepin 15.  I downloaded it, put it on a disk and then using
Mageia 5 wrote the iso to  a USB flash drive.  I will be bringing that
drive to the meeting for anyone to try out with a 64 bit computer.
     I personally do not much care for Deepin 15 but it works and
some people like it a lot.
<http://linuxbsdos.com/2016/01/01/what-better-way-to-ring-in-2016-than-with-deepin-15-on-your-desktop/>
     *The Deepin Boot Maker could not make the USB Flash Drive
from its Live mode aka Deepin Failsafe.

     Tails 18.2 i386 is now available and I will have one copy at the
meeting,
If anyone wants to make sure of getting a copy, please contact me.

    Linux Mint has version 17.3 KDE 64 out and there will be a copy at
the meeting
and if you want a copy please let me know.

     All these disks are check-summed unless otherwise noted.

     Hope to see you all at the meeting.

     Bobbie Sellers