[sf-lug] ... SF-LUG webmaster stuff

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 14 15:40:45 PST 2016

[redirecting to on-list & BCC to earlier sender]
> Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 14:40:58 -0800

> Was unable to log in to the site page using sudo. I'm able to log in using
> ssh can read the website files, but that's it. Is the sudo password
> different from the one I use to log into the sflug page?

Use ssh to login.

After logging in use the sudo command.  Same password as your login.
If you don't remember what you can run/access with sudo, use:
$ sudo -l
^^ that's a presumed/implied default prompt, don't literally enter it (
likewise:
#
^^ is generally presumed/implied to be prompt of superuser ("root").

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#forum
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#noprivate