[sf-lug] sf-lug.{com,info} --> www.sf-lug.org (canonical)

jim jim at well.com
Sat Jan 2 10:14:56 PST 2016

A side note for clarity:

     Jim is a volunteer who is willing to pay the small
expenses to maintain the sf-lug web site and to do
work necessary to maintain and improve the web site
as well as to welcome people to the world of Linux.
     Jim's sysadm skills are very old and do not include
much about internet integration.
     There are members on the SF-LUG list who are truly
expert and whose opinions and efforts are highly valued
(by me and by others). Jim is willing to take direction
per such gurus.
     Anyone who cares to learn is welcome to participate
in any way.
     Existing policy is to keep the web site static so
that there's minimal risk of sabotage or other malwork
as well as minimul maintenance (and legal risks that
may come from interactive use).

     That said, those with a lot of knowledge see
solutions that are routine for them but opaque to those
with less experience. So the policy also suggests "keep
it simple, very simple." This can allow a broader number
of people to help keep the group site (and other
functions) alive.