[sf-lug] sf-lug.{com,info} --> www.sf-lug.org (canonical)

jim jim at well.com
Sat Jan 2 09:59:26 PST 2016

     This sf-lug.info name is bothersome. I'm reasonably
sure that I never made such a thing. I'm not sure that
some other person did not use the netsol account to
make it--I gravely doubt it, but can't say absolutely.
     There is no need for sf-lug.info.
     Your take on sf-lug.{org,com} reflects our early
discussions: use both because
* to protect the sf-lug name from someone co-opting
   a .com version
* to permit careless and ignorant people to access the
   site (assuming some people think of web sites as ending
   with .com in all cases (as one person explained to me:
   "'.com' means 'amen'".

     I agree with you and Rick
* never use auto renew
* get away from netsol asap
     The problem I had was that I tried: called netsol and
explained I wanted to move the names to consolidate all
my domain names under joker.com and could they please
unlock the names for transfer, I notified joker to get
the names. Joker (much) later replied that they could not.
Netsol very soon after sent me notice that the domains
were to expire. Somewhere in that history I paid another
bunch of money to netsol, which then informed me that my
domains were due to expire....
     I got discouraged (again).