[sf-lug] correction/clarification/(un?)helpful/intention/attitude/ ???

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Dec 21 21:43:47 PST 2015

> I thought the comment/correction/clarification was helpful and a
> "value add" ...

One, I'm glad you liked what you term Daniel's 'value add', but you're
disregarding my point:  What I was saying was that it had nothing to do
with the querents' problems (Akkana and Maestro).

Two, I'd _already_ corrected the bit about which datum is PCI ID.
Daniel wanted to to call attention, after the fact, to an unimportant
error I'd already corrected.

You call that helpful?  OK, noted.

> I think I'd count that as at least bothering to lift a finger (did
> presumably require some typing after all).

'Not lifted a finger at all' referred to Daniel not having lifted a
finger _to help_.  To review:

   Daniel, this is the second time in a row you've been extremely picky
   about fine details of postings where I'm working to help people, in
   situations where you've not lifted a finger at all.

Context, it matters.

> Okay, perhaps a bit terse, and perhaps up to highly ambiguous
> regarding intent/attitude, but I don't see anything inherently
> implying negative attitude or the like.

On the evidence, you misparsed, so editorialising seems premature.

(Also, mildly objecting to annoying behaviour isn't impugning the other
party's attitudes or motives.  It's odd you assumed that; it has nothing
to do with what I wrote.)

Anyway, all minor stuff.