[sf-lug] SF-LUG Meeting on Sunday August 2, 2015 and report of meeting of 2015-07-20

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon Jul 27 20:00:53 PDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-07-27 at 19:45 -0700, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
> Maybe someone who uses Ubuntu installing it frequently could chime in
> here and fill us in on the plausibility of using a Ubuntu install
> script with prepared partitions.

In the past, there were "desktop" discs and "alternate" discs, and if
you simply inserted the "alternate" disc of a newer version, it would
ask whether you wanted to upgrade to it. However, the "alternate" images
have been discontinued. I am not sure what the recommended way to
upgrade from a disc is now. Personally, I just upgrade from Software
Updater, which downloads everything on an as-needed basis.