[sf-lug] upgrade Ubuntu 12.04.x --> 14.04.x

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 27 20:38:05 PDT 2015

Yes, good point ... the "Ubuntu" way of having one's
/etc/apt/sources.list file updated.
Once it's been suitably pointed to the desired
version (14.04.x via Software Updater or the like in/for configuration),
should be relatively straight-forward from there ... presuming one has
sufficiently fast Internet connection (otherwise still straight-forward,
but just lots slower and longer).

With DVD/ISO can probably, like Debian, use apt-cdrom, so it will know
about the available ISO image, and not download from Internet what it
can retrieve from optical drive.  But should still get additional updates
(e.g. security updates, critical bug fixes) from The Internet, to cover
what's not yet made it to released DVD ISO.