[sf-lug] SF-LUG Meets Sunday March 1, 2015 + report on last meeting.

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Feb 23 11:10:18 PST 2015

   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     Best to show up early at the time or shortly after the meeting
start times.
     ==================================
The meeting of Monday February 16, 2015
Arrived a bit early at 1735 Cafe Enchante very crowded - setup my
notebook without problems on a small round table near the couches.
Later arrivals would drag over another small round table.

1800 Maestro  showed up.  He was looking for another 32 bit distribution.
We discussed that at length but as it turned out I could not provide him
one that evening though I think he got some tools, maybe the 32 bit
version of Kali.
1900 Jim Stockford showed up.

German and Jason K.  showed up next
German was just intent on learning more.
He also took home a copy of Mageia 4.1

Jason brought along a Dell which fails to boot.

     The original Windows partition was reduced to a Gigabyte
and after some trying some other disk Jason started
the installation of 64 Kali 1.1.0.  He seemed to require some
coaching.  Perhaps due to starting the Kali install from the
desktop it failed.
     I advised him to start it from the initial boot menu and I
hope he had more success with that.
     At 8 PM we broke up and Jim gave German and myself
rides to our doors.  Thanks Jim.

     If anyone at the meeting wishes to provide corrections or
emendations let the list know promptly, please of my errors.

     I will be going off line in the next 24 hours to try to clear
up some problems with my computer.  Should not take
me more than 48 hours to complete.  So if you are trying
to reach me in that window be prepared to wait for a reply.

     Thanks for your attention.

     Bobbie Sellers