[sf-lug] vi, spell, ...

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sun Feb 22 14:56:14 PST 2015

I tend to quite like, e.g.:
G:1,$t$
''j!Gspell | sort -u

None of those vim dependencies, works fine with most any
reasonable vi(1) (or even many approximations thereof, such
as vim(1)) and any most reasonably sane Unix/Linux/BSD installation
that has spell(1) installed (alas, some older versions, no need for
the sort -u or the like, but some newer versions don't dedupe by
default).

Then I just toss out from those results the legitimate stuff that's
not a properly spelled word (e.g. often various technical bits), and
then just search 'n fix the remaining bits ... and whittle it down
until I get no more "surprises" (spelling errors left to fix).