[sf-lug] Another motherboard was _not_ burned out today

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Feb 22 14:10:36 PST 2015

I wrote:

> Bonus tip:  The lack of typos in this absent-minded posting is courtesy
> of this line in .vimrc, added because inline spelling-checkers are cool:
>
> set spell spelllang=en_gb

Here's a different way:

map <F5> :setlocal spell! spelllang=en_gb<CR>

This is a vim keymapping that makes the F5 key (when used in vim's command
mode) an on/off toggle for the inline spelling-check function.

Why?  Because I observed that, for reasons I don't yet understand, vim's
display of UTF-8 characters, such as those in my .signature block below,
goes wonky, so it's handy to be able to easily switch the feature on and
off.

--
Cheers,               « Il n'est si homme de bien, qu'il mette à l'examen
Rick Moen             des loi toutes ses actions et pensées, qui ne soit