[sf-lug] Cancellation, Pls.

Stefano Maffulli smaffulli at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 12:09:58 PST 2015

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 11:21 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> 1.  I am not seeing where this is my problem.

It is *a* problem (not *your* problem) IMHO that a large mass of
people don't find how to unsubscribe from a list right at their
fingertips. It's my personal opinion that RTFM was an acceptable
answer 20 years ago, it's less acceptable nowadays. It's so less
acceptable that people are in fact preferring to use abominable walled
gardens (like facebook) because email lists are so unnecessarily
complex.

I don't blame you :) It's not *your* fault that mailman with the
complicity of MUAs hides valuable information for users by default.

> 2.  More fundamentally:  One cannot notice shifting goalposts:  A few
> hours ago, you were saying that the clueless and annoying behaviour of
> some newcomers is the fault of old-timers.

It's not the exclusive fault of old-timers that some people are
annoying others with trivial requests. I am just highlighting that we
old-timers are not fully innocent either.

And with this I'm done with this conversation. As long as it's clear
that I'm not accusing _you_ of anything (i'm actually grateful for
your contributions to How to Ask Questions the Smart Way, which I
quote quite often), I'm good.

Cheers,
stef