[sf-lug] sf-lug website?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jul 15 08:43:05 PDT 2014

Quoting Jim Stockford (jim at well.com):

>     As always, thank you, thank you!
>
>     All of your surmises about me are right.
> I had tho't I'd let the contract expire and
> then switch to Joker (my choice as of the
> last eight years--I'm interested in any
> alternate suggestions).

Joker.com's one of the ones I like.  Gandi.net is another.  There are
plenty of good ones.

Letting domains expire and then re-registering them _can_ work -- as
long as someone else doesn't swoop in and snatch up the domain from the
unregistered pool before you can.

If it's a valuable domain (high Alexa rank or such), there's high
likelihood that very motivated people with automated scripts pounding
the registration UI to try to be first in line.

Article I think you'll find interesting:  'Domain Expiration' on
http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Network_Other