[sf-lug] MINT VS UBUNTU 12.04 or 11.04

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 19 12:13:18 PDT 2013

Quoting Frantisek Apfelbeck (algoldor at yahoo.com):

> Hi toa ll,

Gree tings.

> I had Asus eee Pc for many years, using Ubuntu for 3 years or so till
> the 12.04 which I really did not like - I do not like unity or how you
> call it and it was kind of tricky for me in several ways (also that
> commercial things which I did not like). I tried to Install Mint then
> but I had issues with USB bootable device which I did not manage to
> sort - the installation got stucked several times. I used the same
> device to install Ubuntu 12.04 and no problem, smooth first try. After
> that I played with Ubuntu and stayed with it for another several
> months or so, now I'm running Mint on my new desktop computer and I'm
> quite happy.

Just as a reminder:  People are always welcome to come down to CABAL
meetings in the wildlands of Menlo Park (2nd and 4th Saturdays, 4pm to
midnight), and we'll be glad to walk you through installation of those
or just about any Linux or BSD onto just about any hardware.

http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/