[sf-lug] MINT VS UBUNTU 12.04 or 11.04

Kai Chang kai.salmon.chang at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 14:24:22 PDT 2013

I tried the new elementaryOS recently and quite liked it. I will probably
use that when setting up computers for new Linux users rather than Ubuntu
or Mint. It's based on Ubuntu, so you'll get similar driver support to
12.04.

http://elementaryos.org/

I may use it myself when they update to the new installer that supports
full-disk encryption. That video makes it look like an OS X clone, but I
found it's a well-thought out distro that takes good ideas from KDE,
Windows, and OS X. It's quite fast, compared to Compiz or Unity, so
hopefully it performs well on eee.