[sf-lug] MINT VS UBUNTU 12.04 or 11.04

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 19 03:21:47 PDT 2013

Hi toa ll,
I had Asus eee Pc for many years, using Ubuntu for 3 years or so till the 12.04 which I really did not like - I do not like unity or how you call it and it was kind of tricky for me in several ways (also that commercial things which I did not like). I tried to Install Mint then but I had issues with USB bootable device which I did not manage to sort - the installation got stucked several times. I used the same device to install Ubuntu 12.04 and no problem, smooth first try. After that I played with Ubuntu and stayed with it for another several months or so, now I'm running Mint on my new desktop computer and I'm quite happy.

I have been told that Mint is faster than Ubuntu (if similar disctributions are compared) but if that is so or not I'm not sure.

Best of luck with the project,

Sincerely from Jeju,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker