[sf-lug] multisum - multiple sums/hashes in a single pass (e.g. check ISOs)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 18 14:46:37 PDT 2013

Something I did a while ago (and tweaked earlier this year).  Anyway,
"useful enough" I though I'd put it out there publicly - and just did so
today.  It works similar to md5sum, sha1sum and the like.  But where
multiple such (check)sums/hashes are desired, its generally
significantly more efficient, as it only reads input file(s) once, and
calculates all the various sums in a single (read) pass.  It can
calculate a fair number of various sums.  By default it calculates those
provided for most Debian ISOs.  :-)

This can be particularly useful and efficient where multiple such sums
are provided for an ISO image, and one wants to check more than one of
them.  More details and code, etc., go here:
http://www.rawbw.com/~mp/perl/#multisum